Preparation courses / language course

What types of preparation courses are we talking about?

Preparation courses serve to teach you the basic academic knowledge for your studies. These courses are called for example "pathway", "Path to Bachelor/Master", "Pre-Bachelor/Master", "Preparation-course", etc.

Preparation courses / language course
Preparation courses / language course



What do you need?


For your Visa appointment as well as for enrollment at your University you require proof of legit insurance in Germany.

When do you need it?

Before starting your studies - we recommend to take care of it while you're still in your home country.


Where do I get the necessary documents / What kind of insurance suits me best?

For language students / students in preparatory courses it is usual to choose private health insurance for the duration of the program. We recommend that you clarify your follow-up insurance before beginning your regular studies. 

Private health insurance abroad,                                       Tariff mawista Student Classic

Monthly Contribution

Insurance period Student
 1st to 12th month (up to 40 years of age) 33,10 €
from 13th to 48th month (up to 40 years of age) 59,70 €

What is included?


outpatient treatment                        yes
inpatient treatment yes, general care class and multi-bed rooms only
dental treatment

yes, only pain-relieving dental treatment and
repair of dentures 100 % , up to 500 EURO per insurance year

pharmaceuticals yes
therapeutic treatment yes, maximum of  6 treatments per insurance year
assistive devices only accident-related, maximum of 250€
Pregnancy and birth waiting time of 8 months
Psychotherapy no
Costs / deductible per insurance case 50 €


Medical treatment and other medically prescribed measures which are an occasion for the stay in the agreed area of application; 

Medical treatment and other medically prescribed measures, the necessity of which was known to the insured person prior to the stay in the agreed area of application or at the time of conclusion of the insurance policy, or which he had to expect under the circumstances known to him; 

any kind of preventive medical check-ups or control examinations or vaccinations as well as nutritional and tonic substances; 

Orthodontic treatment, dental treatment that goes beyond pain-relieving treatments, repairs of dentures and temporary appliances. Dentures, inlays (Student Classic ® tariff only); 

Abortion, pregnancy that existed before the beginning, otherwise 8 months waiting time; 

Treatment of alcohol, drug and other addictions; 

the treatment of mental or emotional disorders as well as hypnosis and psychotherapy; 

Fees and charges in excess of those considered to be customary and reasonable in the country in question and for optional services such as a single room or treatment by a chief physician.

How do I use the insurance?

If you visit a doctor or hospital without an overnight stay (outpatient treatment), you will receive an invoice from your doctor or hospital. You must transfer the money to the treating doctor or hospital. A cash payment is only required in rare cases. We need the following documents from you so that you can be reimbursed by the insurance company:

Your name

Your insurance number

Treatment data from doctor (incl. diagnosis)

medical services + statement of costs

If necessary, prescriptions prescribed by a doctor (with medication, price and stamp of the pharmacy)

You must submit the receipts using our online form, by e-mail or by post.

The processing time is usually 2 weeks.


The contract can be concluded for a maximum of 48 months. If you no longer need the insurance, you must cancel it at the end of the month.

Additional information

long term care insurance is not included.


 Important: You will receive an insurance policy. If you visit a doctor, you should have this with you. This is because the billable benefits are included for the doctor. Otherwise it can happen that the doctor provides services that are not insured.

Is there anything else I have to do?

In addition to the proof of health insurance, you need to have a confirmation of opening a blocked account for your Visa-appointment. You can open your blocked account online on our website. See more.

Why do I need this?

In order to show that you're going to be able to pay for your expenses in Germany, it is mandatory to provide proof of opening a blocked account for your visa-interview. You can apply for it above. 

This blocked account is officially approved by the German Federal Foreign Office and is offering you an automated, fast and secure way to take care of your finances. They even offer an App for a better overview. 

Who can help you out?


Name: Hans Walter Schäfer


Telephone: +49 (0) 228 33 88 77 0


E-Mail: team@expertensicher.de


Language: German



Important note: The contents of this website and videos are created with the greatest possible care. However, A + E GmbH does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of the content provided. The use of the contents of the website and the videos is at your own risk. Liability of A + E GmbH for the incorrect use of the contents is excluded. Only the conditions, premiums and tariff descriptions of the insurance companies are valid. The videos do not represent legal advice or insurance advice. Not all insurance companies and offers worldwide have been considered in the offers and insurance comparisons.